Football is part of the DNA of Victorians. It is a proud association irrespective of capability or competency. Most if not all Victorians enjoy playing football. At the very least, appreciate it.
As one of the football powerhouses in zonal and at national levels, Victoria has never failed to shine whenever our boys or girls team take on their opponents.
It is with this in mind that the Old Victorians’ Association has decided to bring back once again, the Victoria Football Fiesta 2018, after a hiatus of a few years.
Victoria Football Fiesta 2018 aims to bring Victorians from all walks of life together for a day of football fun and bonding.
For the first time we are also introducing the Women’s Open. We welcome our Victorian sisters and hope to have their support as well as see them in action.
So do gather your fellow Victorians and sign up to bond, play and relive your glory years.
Sign up now…..hope to see you there!
Nil Sine Labore
For here we’ve learnt and striven too.
And played the sportsman’s game.
(1) Youth: Below 35 years old (those born in 1984 onwards)
(2) Open: Above 35 (those born before 1984)
(3) Women’s Open: 18 years old and above
Date: 8th September 2018 (Saturday)
Venue: Victoria Junior College School Field
Registration Time: 0730hrs – 0800hrs
Starting Time: 0815hrs
Ending Time: 1500hrs(tentative)
Cost per team: $100 per team with fruits and mineral water provided.
Minimum of 8 and a maximum of 10 registered players. There can be a maximum of only 3 non-Victorians in the team.
Inter Bank Transfer to :
OLD VICTORIANS’ ASSOCIATION
DBS ACCOUNT 070-002358-0
PLEASE STATE NAME OF TEAM, NAME OF CAPTAIN AND CONTACT NUMBER WHEN MAKING PAYMENT
A maximum of 10 teams per category will be accepted.
Matches will be officiated by official referees licensed by the Football Association of Singapore.
6 – a- side match with the following:-
5 Outfield Players
2 – 4 Reserves
A minimum of 8 and maximum of 10 registered players is allowed per team. There can be a maximum of only 3 non-Victorians in the team
All matches will be played for a total of 15 minutes without switching of sides.
Teams are to assemble at their designated pitches at least 3 minutes before the commencement of their games.
Smoking within the school compound is strictly prohibited. Players found smoking in the school compound will be reported to the authorities and ask to leave the tournament.
Do not litter. Please clean up your respective areas before leaving the school.
- A player is allowed to attempt a direct shot at goal upon kick-off.
- There will be no half-court rule played in the tournament.
- All players will be allowed to enter the penalty box.
- The goalkeeper is allowed to come out of the penalty box; however, the use of hands is not permitted.
- A back pass cannot be handled by the goalkeeper.
- The goalkeeper is permitted to handle the ball in the penalty box for a maximum of 6 seconds.
- Throw-ins and corner kicks, where applicable, will be awarded when the ball goes out of play.
- There will be 2 types of free kicks awarded; a direct free kick and an indirect free kick.
- The penalty kick will be a direct shot that will be taken from the centre spot marked outside the penalty box.
- There is no offside in the game.
- The cards issued during the game will only last for the game and will not be carried forward.
- The collection of 2 yellow cards during a game will result in an immediate red card and the player will have to leave the field.
- Upon the dismissal of a player, the team will carry on with the remaining players. The dismissed player cannot be substituted.
- Team captains are to ensure that their players uphold the spirit of fair-play and sportsmanship in their play.
- Rolling substitutions can be made at any time during the match.
The match will be considered a walkover under the following circumstances:
- A team fails to show up within 3 minutes of the stipulated kick-off.
- A team has 3 players or fewer remaining in a match.
Decisions of the walkover will be taken by the organisers and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Players are to be dressed in proper attire as follows:
- Appropriate top. Teams are to wear the same colour.
- Soccer boots or suitable shoes
- Suitable socks
- Shin pads (recommended)
- Goalkeeper gloves and elbow pads (recommended)
- Strictly no jewellery, body and head accessories
Players must be properly attired for all matches. In the event where there is a clash of colours of jersey, the team that loses the coin toss will wear coloured bibs.
The Competition shall consist of the following rounds:
Group Stage (2 groups of single round-robin league system) Top 2 teams will qualify for the semi-finals while the best 3rd placed teams in each group will play for 5th position.
Semi-Finals (Single leg knockout system)
Final (Single leg knockout system)
All matches in a group are played under the league system whereby each team will play once against each of the other clubs in its group (single round-robin).
Three (3) points will be awarded for a win, one (1) point for a draw, and zero (0) point for a loss. The ranking of teams in each group shall be determined as follows:
Greater number of points obtained in all group matches.
Greater goal difference in all the group matches.
Greater number of goals scored in all the group matches.
If two or more teams are equal based on previous criterion, their place shall be determined as follows:
Goal difference resulting from the group matches.
Greater number of goals scored in the group matches.
Fewer number of points according to the number of yellow and red cards received in the group matches (Yellow Card = 1 point. Red Card because of two yellow cards = 3 points. Direct Red Card = 3 points. Yellow Card followed by a direct Red Card = 4 points).
In the event of a tie,sudden death penalty kicks
will be conducted for the teams involved.
In the event the scores are tied after regulation time, the winner shall be determined by sudden death kicks from the penalty mark.
Do take note that the organisers are entitled to make adjustments to the competition format depending on the number of participating teams.
All decisions made by the referee and tournament committee are final and binding. No protests are allowed
The Old Victorians’ Association, Victoria Junior College and its affiliates will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team if the tournament is cancelled in whole or in part. Any team that disregards any decision made by the tournament committee will be removed from the tournament and forfeit all of its games. No refunds will be made if the tournament is cancelled in whole or in part due to inclement weather or any other reason.
The Victoria Junior College Stadium operates a weather alert system, and will warn all users in the event dangerous weather is approaching. All individuals must seek safe refuge when the warning alert is activated.
If inclement weather forces cancellation after at least half of a regulation game has been played, the game shall be considered official and the score at the point of cancellation shall be recorded as the final score. The decision on whether a game will be “cancelled or recommenced” (if the referee agrees to resume play) will be made by the Tournament Director.
All teams are responsible for their own insurance. The Old Victorians’ Association, Victoria Junior College and its Tournament Director(s) will not be liable for an injury incurred at any time during the tournament including during games or warm-up, nor in travel to or from the tournament
There will be an Ambulance with licensed and trained medics in attendance during the duration of the tournament.