NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the members(1) of the Old Victorians’ Association will be held via electronic Zoom on 30 March 2023 (Thursday), 6:30 p.m, in accordance with Rule 11(h) of the Rules of the Association for the following purposes:
AS ORDINARY BUSINESS
- To receive and adopt the minutes of the preceding Annual General Meeting.
- To receive the Annual Report of the Management Council.
- To update on VS Boy Statue Account.
- To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Association for the year ending 31 December 2022.
- To consider and, if think fit, elect two Honorary Auditors for the year ending 31 December 2023 in accordance with Rule 10(a) of the Rules
AS SPECIAL BUSINESS
- To consider any matter of which at least seven days’ notice in writing has been given to the Honorary General Secretary in accordance with Rule 11(a) of the Rules of the Association.
- To transact any other business of the Annual General Meeting.
Mr Tang Shiuh Huei
Old Victorians’ Association
Date: 15 March 2023
- This meeting shall be held via electronic means, in accordance to the Rule 11(a) of the Rules of the Association.
- For security reason, members who intend to attend this Annual General Meeting must first pre-register by 24th Mar 2023 at the link: https://forms.gle/
YHBQNJfFPBxKFesB7. Upon the verification of membership, instructions to access the zoom meeting will be sent via email to the member.
- A quorum will be formed by members present electronically and in accordance to Rule 11(c) of the Rules of the Association. The said rule is presented in totality as below :-At least 10 percent of the total voting members or fifty (50) voting members, whichever is less, shall form the quorum at a General Meeting. In the event of there being no quorum, the meeting shall be adjourned for one hour and should the number then present be insufficient to form a quorum, those present shall be considered a quorum, but they shall have no power to alter, amend or make additions to any of the existing Rule.
- In accordance to Rule 11(a), any member who wish to raise any resolution or move any motion, should write to the Honorary General Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving at least seven days’ notice prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting.