Run for a cause! Gather your school mates, friends and family and join us for fun-filled activities like warm-up Zumba, breakfast catch up after the run; while doing your part for your alma mater as all ticket proceeds will go towards supporting school activities and needy students of VS and VJC.
This event is jointly organised by the Old Victorians’ Association, Victoria Junior College and supported by the Victoria Advisory Committee
- 3.5 km Fun Run
- 5 km Competitive Run
$35 for OVA members
$45 for non-OVA members*
$45 for non-Victorians (eg friends and family)
We also welcome donations above the minimum contribution amount.
*Become an OVA member
Date: 16 March 2019 (Saturday)
Venue: Victoria Junior College, 20 Marine Vista, Singapore 449035
Registration Time: 0700hrs – 0800hrs
Event Schedule (Tentative):
- 7:00 am – Race Pack Collection (Please bring your ID/ confirmation slip)
- 7:45 am – Zumba Warm up
- 8:00 am – 5 km Flag off (wave 1)
- 8:15 am – 5 km Flag off (wave 2)
- 8:45 am – 3.5 km Flag off (VJC)
- 8:50 am – 3.5 km Flag off (Fun Run)
- 10:00 am – Race cut off
- 10:30 am – Prize Presentation and Kampong Breakfast
All runners will be entitled to a Mizuno t-shirt designed specifically for this event and a race bib with timing chip and E-certificates. Results will be made available online. Competitive runners will stand to win medals and prizes
Chang Siok Eng
OVA Council Member
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment (Please indicate “Home Run 2019” when making payment):
Inter Bank Transfer to :
OLD VICTORIANS’ ASSOCIATION
DBS ACCOUNT 070-002358-0
Or write a cheque payable to Old Victorians’ Association (2 Siglap Link S448880)
Rules and Regulations
“Back to School Home Run 2019” (the “Event”) is organised by Old Victorians’ Association and Victoria Junior College (referred herein as the “Organiser”) in accordance with the following rules & regulations that are applicable to the Participants.
Completion of the online entry form confirms the Participants’ agreement to abide by the Rules & Regulations.
The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future access by the Participant to the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
The Rules and Regulations are governed by Singapore law and all parties agree to submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
The Participant has read, understood and agrees with the personal data protection policy set out in “https://www.ova.org.sg/personal-data-protection-policy/” and acknowledge that the policy may be updated from time to time.
The Participant agrees and consents to the use of his/her image in any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other records of the Event (“Recordings”) taken by the Organiser or its agents, contractors or any other authorised person. The Organiser reserves the right to use any such Recordings for any legitimate purposes, including publicity and commercial advertising for the Organiser. The Participant also agrees to the Organiser or its appointed vendor to sms or email the Participant on any information or updates in relation to this Event.
The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations, at any time, without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case they will make an effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the event. If the Event is cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refund of registration fees paid and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
The Organiser reserves the right to set the fees for the different categories.
The Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
The Organiser reserves the right to replace the race entry pack items with items of similar value.
The Organiser shall not be held responsible for and shall not entertain any issue, difference, claims or disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
Participants below the age of 18 are required to seek parental/guardian consent and fill up the relevant indemnity form when registering online, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
The Organiser reserves the right to amend the race routes for the Event as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
Participants shall wear their assigned number bib as instructed at all times during the Event. Participants without the allocated bib number will not be allowed to take part in the Event.
The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the Event due to inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event without refund of registration fees.
“Gun Time” will be used to determine the winners for competitive categories. Gun time is the time from the start signal until the Participant crosses the finish line.
The Organiser reserves the right to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
Participants who do not start within 30 minutes from their respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
No pets, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport or personal mobility device, e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers is allowed on the course during the event.
Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the safety of participants, participants take part at their own risks and the Organiser, their sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the run to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/ or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day. For the safety of participants, participants are advised to run on the designated route and observe traffic regulations.
Acknowledgement by Participant
By registering for the Event, the Participant is deemed to have agreed to the following:-
- I confirm I have read and agree with Rules and Regulations relating to the Event and shall comply with them.
- I fully understand and acknowledge the risks involved in my participation in the Event and I accept full responsibility and assume all such risks.
- I hereby represent, warrant and undertake to the Organisers the following with full knowledge that they shall be relied upon by the Organisers in accepting my registration: –
- My personal particulars disclosed in the registration form are accurate, full and complete;
- I do not have any medical condition that would affect my safety or physical well-being.
- I am medically and physically fit and competent to participate in the Event; and
- I shall dutifully and fully abide by these Rules and Regulations and any applicable laws.
- I confirm that the representations, warranties and undertakings herein are true and accurate.
- I (including my heirs, successors and assigns) undertake not to make any claims or lodge any complaints whatsoever against the Organisers, Sponsors or officials of the Event for any injury, death or loss/damage to property sustained during the Event/disputes over any matter in relation to the Event.
- I (including my heirs, successors and assigns) agree to hold the Organisers, Sponsors, appointed officials/suppliers (each an ‘Indemnified Party’) harmless and keep each Indemnified Party fully and effectively indemnified from and against any and all losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), claims, damage and expenses whatsoever which any of them may incur (directly or indirectly) as a result of my breach of any of these Rules and Regulations.
- I agree and consent to the Organiser or its appointed vendor to sms or email me on any information or updates in relation to this Event. I also agree and consent to the use of my image in Recordings taken by the Organiser or its agents, contractors or any other authorised person. The Organiser reserves the right to use any such Recordings for any legitimate purposes, including publicity and commercial advertising for the Organiser.
- These Rules and Regulations shall be governed by Singapore laws and I agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Personal Data Protection Act
By submitting this registration, I am deemed to have given consent to Old Victorians’ Association to collect, use and disclose my personal data for the sole purpose of the Old Victorians’ Association activities. I have read, understood and agrees with the personal data protection policy set out in “https://www.ova.org.sg/personal-data-protection-policy/” and acknowledge that the policy may be updated from time to time. My personal data will be handled by Old Victorians’ Association, consistent with Old Victorians’ Association’s obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act or any other applicable legislation.